Belk Gift Card and Promotional Card Terms and Conditions
- About Your Card. The Cards are issued by Issuer. Issuer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Gift Card program. Issuer is the sole legal obligor to the Cardholder; provided, however, that Issuer may assign its obligations with respect to the Card at any time, in which case such assignee shall become the Issuer and sole legal obligor to the Cardholder. Issuer’s affiliates and related entities (including without limitation Belk) bear no responsibility or liability for any Cards, and you hereby knowingly release Issuer’s affiliates and related entities (including without limitation Belk) from any and all liability or claims of any nature whatsoever arising in connection with the Card. Gift Cards can be purchased at Belk Stores, online at Belk.com or from authorized third-party distributors. Gift Cards are not debit or credit cards. Promotional Cards are not gift cards, and may be distributed at Issuer’s discretion in connection with promotional, incentive, loyalty or rewards programs operated by Issuer or its affiliates.
- Not for Promotional Use. Gift Cards may be used as personal or business gifts, but may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or other promotional activities (including without limitation via websites, Internet advertisements, email, telemarketing, direct mail, newspaper and magazine advertisements, and radio and television broadcasts) unless you obtain Issuer’s prior written approval. Such approval may be conditioned on, among other things, execution of and compliance with Issuer’s standard Gift Card license agreement.
- Not for Resale. Gift Card is valid only if obtained at a Belk store, online at Belk.com or from authorized third-party distributors. Gift Card is not valid and will not be honored, and Issuer will not be liable, if obtained from unauthorized sellers or resellers, including through Internet auction sites.
- Transferability. Gift Cards may be given as gifts. Promotional Cards are non-transferable.
- Balance Inquiry. For balance inquiry, visit Belk.com or call 1-800-474-6102. The balance you receive when inquiring over the telephone or online is an estimate only. In most cases, the balance is adjusted immediately when you make a purchase, but there may be occasions when the balance adjustment is delayed.
- Gift Cards do not expire. No fees for inactivity or service fees apply. Issuer reserves the right to refuse to honor any Gift Card in the event of a disputed credit card charge, bounced check or other failure of consideration.
- Promotional Cards may contain expiration dates in Issuer’s discretion. Please refer to the terms of the specific Promotional Card.
- Redemption. You can use your Belk Card at any Belk location and online at Belk.com. Cards have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash (except as required by law). Cards are not redeemable to purchase another Gift Card or towards previously purchased goods or services. Cards cannot be used to pay on your Belk charge account.
- Reloadable. Gift Cards may be reloaded with value only at a Belk store. Gift Cards are not reloadable on Belk.com.
- No Refunds. No refunds are permitted for purchases of Gift Cards.
- Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards. Lost, stolen or damaged Cards will not be replaced or credited to any account. Cards should be safeguarded accordingly.
- Cards Used Without Authorization. Cards that have been used without Cardholder’s authorization will not be replaced.
- Limitation of Liability. ISSUER AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO CARDS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT THAT A CARD IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH CARD. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Governing Law. The laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, shall govern this Agreement and use of your Card.
- Changes to Agreement. Issuer reserves the right to change this Agreement from time to time in its discretion, which changes we may provide to you by any reasonable means, including without limitation, by posting the revised version of this Agreement at http://www.belk.com/giftcardterms.
- Fraud. Issuer reserves the right to refuse to honor a Card where Issuer suspects that the Card was obtained fraudulently.
Supplemental Terms and Conditions for Electronic Cards
Belk electronic Gift Cards (“e-Gift Cards”) and Belk electronic Promotional Cards (“e-Promotional Cards” and, collectively with e-Gift Cards, referenced as “e-Cards”) are distributed by CashStar Inc., a Delaware corporation (“CashStar”). The remainder of these Supplemental Terms and Conditions for Electronic Cards (the “Supplemental CashStar Terms”) relate specifically to Belk e-Cards purchased through CashStar. CashStar reserves the right to change these Supplemental CashStar Terms from time to time in its discretion.
- E-Gift Card Purchase. Belk e-Gift Cards are available for purchase here. No fees of any kind will be imposed on purchasers or recipients of e-Gift Cards in connection with the sale of e-Gift Cards. Total purchases of Belk e-Gift Cards for any one individual may not exceed two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) in one calendar day.
- Risk of Loss of e-Cards. Ownership and risk of loss of e-Cards passes to the purchaser as soon as CashStar sends its confirmation to the recipient. Neither CashStar nor the Issuer is responsible for lost or stolen e-Cards. If you have any questions, please see the FAQs.
- E-Card Customer Service. If you need assistance with any aspect of your purchase, ownership, or use of your e-Card, please contact Customer Support. Please refer to your order number, or be ready to supply your email address. If you suspect that someone has copied or stolen your e-Card, contact Customer Support immediately.
- Delivery Information and Requirements for e-Gift Card Purchasers. All orders of e-Gift Cards are subject to a process that compares purchaser information provided on the Belk.cashstar.com web site with information about the purchaser provided by the purchaser's financial institution. If there is a discrepancy, your e-Gift Card order may be delayed until it can be corrected. If you have concerns about your order, please contact Customer Support. Please refer to your order number, or be ready to supply your email address. Neither CashStar nor the Issuer is responsible for e-Cards that are undeliverable or not received due to your failure to enter an accurate email address for the recipient. Please check to make sure the address of the recipient is correct and contact Customer Support if you suspect the recipient did not receive his/her e-Card.
- Reasons for Failed Delivery of e-Cards.
E-Cards are delivered via email. If you have confirmed the recipient's email address but the e-Card has not been viewed within a reasonable period after the requested delivery date, following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery may have failed:
- Spam filter blocked email or routed it to a bulk/spam folder
- Recipient's firewall blocked the email
- Email inbox is over size limit
- Invalid email address
- Personalized E-Gift Card Messaging. If you wish to add a personal message to an e-Gift Card, simply type your message in the Message field during the purchase process. Personal messages are limited in length to the space provided on the e-Gift Card. There is no additional charge to include a personalized message. If CashStar finds inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable messages, it reserves the right to cancel them.
- CashStar Limitation of Liability. CASHSTAR AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO E-CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF AN E- CARD CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH E-CARD. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Belk eGift Card, powered by CashStar.